Your safety and well-being is our utmost priority. That's why we've adapted RISA inspections to help minimise the spread of COVID-19 and keep you safe during the coronavirus outbreak.
If you've scheduled a visit from one of our assessors, here's what to expect.
Prior to arrival at the property the assessor will call you to check that:
- Nobody at the property currently has or has shown symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- Nobody at the property is currently self-isolating or shielding.
- The occupier understands the nature of the inspection and what the assessor wishes to see.
- During the call the assessor will also let you know how the inspection will be safely undertaken.
Upon arrival the assessor will knock/ring and move back 2 metres from the door to wait for it to be answered. Clarification of the discussions had on the phone call should be made at this point.
The assessment will be made as quickly as possible but with all aspects covered fully, and with the following control measures:
- All equipment that is used will be sanitised before the assessor enters the property and after they leave.
- All occupants of the property will be asked to stay in one room away from the assessor, except for the person that will show them around. This room will not be inspected until last and only if the occupants have moved to another room. For example, a lounge to a dining room.
- If possible all doors should be left open so the assessor does not have to touch the handles for access.
- If the assessor does have to touch a window, it will be sanitised afterwards with disinfectant.
- When showing the assessor around, the occupier should maintain 2 metres distance at all times when possible. When this is not possible the assessor will put on their face covering.
- If a room is too small to maintain social distancing, please let the assessor in and wait at the doorway.
- If you have any questions or need to tell the assessor anything, please do this before the assessment starts or after it has finished - and in both cases while the assessor is outside.
Upon arrival the following PPE will be used by your assessor:
- A new pair of disposable gloves will be put on to reduce cross contamination.
- A new pair of over shoe protection covers will be put on so the assessor does not have to remove their shoes.
- A face covering will be carried ready for use if required.
Any contact with items in the property will be sanitised with the disinfectant provided unless specially requested not to by the occupier.